Grove CID Safety Window Infrastructure Program
Due to the recent increase in break-ins city-wide, the Grove CID has approved a budget of $50,000 from reserves to cover 50% (up to $2,500) per business to install smash resistant windows on a first-come first-serve basis.
This program will be overseen by Park Central Development, similar to the grant initiative during COVID.
The Safety Window Infrastructure Program will assist with resistant glass laminate costs. Applicants must meet the below requirements. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis as funds last.
All Grove CID Businesses are Encouraged to Apply!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR BUSINESSES LOCATED IN THE GROVE
*Please reach out to contractors to receive a bid before completing the application*
FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PROGRAM OR APPLICATION, CONTACT BRIAN JAMES, BRIAN@PCD-STL.ORG or (314) 535-5311
Park Central Development Safety Window Infrastructure Program Grant can be used for:
- Installation of safety window infrastructure
- Up to $2,500 of safety window installation costs
Park Central has completed extensive research on reputable companies to partner with to assist with safety window infrastructure installation. We have listed one of the many reputable businesses below:
- Safe Haven Defense – https://safehavendefense.com/
Based on information provided at the Safety and Security Committee Meeting, PCD recommends that businesses look into smash resistant windows, which provide high quality defense for an affordable price.
Eligible Businesses Must:
- Be part of the Grove CID Business District
- Have an active business license
- Be located within the Grove CID footprint
- Been open for at least one year
- Generate sales tax
Ineligible Businesses are:
- Grove property owners that do not own and operate a business in the Grove CID
- Businesses that derive income from passive investments; real estate transactions; property rentals or property management.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, providing they comply with the guidelines. Once funds have been exhausted, the program will be closed until more funding is available. The grant awards will be directly distributed to the contractors of each project once invoices have been received. The grantee will request a payment from Park Central Development and a check will be made for the qualifying products or services.